Home What's New? Chain Mail PLUS Bracelets Earrings Necklaces Beads Jump Rings Leather Metals Peyote Stitch TierraCast Tools X-Stitch
+++ get 10% Off orders over $100 - discount automatically applied at checkout+++
Care and Cleaning
- Store beads in a dry, dark area for maximum shelf life.
- There are no adverse effects either to regular wear and use of the beads on fabrics or cosmetics.
- HAND WASH clothes with seed beads. Use NO Bleach and treat as if you are washing color fabrics (cold or luke warm water). Beads are colorfast but coatings and life span of the beads can be affected by chemicals and abrasive use and cleaning.
Seed Bead glossary snippets
- Opaque - Solid color(s) - You can't see through it
- Transparent - Clear or colored beads that light can pass through
- Iris = Rainbow = AB (Aurora Borealis) - shiny surface that can reflect in multiple colors
- Ceylon - Type of finish that is similar to pearlized beads
- Copper Lined - Bead hole is lined with copper (There is also colored and silver lined beads)
- Matte or Frost - Velvety or frosted surface
- Pearlized - Opaque beads with a luster finish
- Dyed - Dyed color on the surface of beads. There is not strong durability, so attention is required for use.
Bead Size Chart
Size 6/0- 4.0mm diameter
- approx 480 beads/ OUNCE - 10 BEADS/inch
Size 8/0 - 3.1mm diameter
- approx 980 beads/ OUNCE - 13 BEADS/inch
Size 10/0 - 2.3mm diameter
- approx 2200 beads/ OUNCE - 18 BEADS/inch
NOTE: These are nominal sizes and can vary .5mm either way
SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Tel: 1 (250) 571-4366 (9:00AM - 5:00PM PST) What is this in my time zone?
You may contact us any time, even on weekends, through the email above. Please make sure that you whitelist our email by adding it to your email contacts so that our reply to you is not lost in your junk mail filter. We will return your email within 24 to 48 hours.
Estimate Currency Converter